Monday, October 11, 2010

It's been awhile...actually a long while

Loads has changed since my last post. I still keep in touch with my kids in Riverside. But we might not be going back next year, and i'm not very happy about it, but we'll see what God has planned.

But anyways, i am now 18 and legal! how scary! :) I went on a cruise two days after my birthday and let me just tell you that was a once in a lifetime experience. I love the ocean, so this was like a dream come true. We stopped in Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico. Not to mention our long days of flying there and home from Florida, but i wouldn't take back any second of it. I enjoyed myself very much! :) But unfortunately I had to come back to the real world at some point, let me just tell you, in some aspects ten days on that amazing ship wasn't long enough lol.

When I got home it hit me that it was time to grow up, start looking for jobs, going to college, and all these things i've wanted for some long and didn't really want them anymore when I got home. I still wanted to be a little girl who got taken care of, I wasn't as ready to grow up as I thought i would be. But I started the journey anyways cause i didn't have a choice lol I'm still jobless and still haven't made it down to the college, but I will be down there soon.

Another new thing that God just slapped on my plate was His calling for me to be in the mission field working with homeless people. Now, don't get me wrong, i've very excited for this calling. But also very scared. It's unknown to me and lately i've been struggling immensely with trusting God. It's a long process that God is going to keep working with me on because He is so faithful. I went to service this morning and my pastor said something that really hit me. He said, "I wonder how many times Jesus is trying to teach us something and we think we get it and He still says, "Do you still not understand?" It made me realize God is more than what I make Him out to be, time for to understand, right?

But my mind stopped working for the moment and my eyes are getting lazy, so i better call it a night. Goodnight everyone! :)

"The Lord is my rock and my fort. He is the One who saves me. My God is my rock. I go to him for safety. He is like a shield to me. He's the power that saves me. He's my place of safety."- Psalms 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment